Park County Stage I and II Fire Restrictions for Private and Public Lands

Current Fire and Smoke Reports received from various sources, including phone and email reports from contributors.
ParkBull
Site Admin

Park County Stage I and II Fire Restrictions for Private and Public Lands

Post by ParkBull » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 am

PARK COUNTY STAGE I AND STAGE II FIRE BANS

There will only be two Fire Ban stages within Park County: Stage I and Stage II.

To reduce confusion and to standardize the process, the following criteria will be used in all Orders:

STAGE I:

The following acts are prohibited on all private property, public land, roads and trails
described herein, until further notice:

1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire except a fire within a
permanent constructed fire grate in a developed campground.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all
flammable materials.

Exemptions:

a. Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
b. Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
c. Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
d. Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting
force in the performance of an official duty.

STAGE II:

The following acts are prohibited on all private property, public land, roads and trails
described herein, until further notice:

1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all
flammable materials.
3. Operating a chain saw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arresting device properly installed and in effective working order, and have a chemical pressurized fire
extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity by weight, and possessing one large size pointed shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches. The extinguisher shall be with the chain saw operator; the shovel may be kept with the fueling supplies, but readily
available for quick use.
4. Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads or trails.
5. Blasting, welding or other activities, which generate flame or flammable material.
6. Fireworks and recreational shooting

Exemptions:

a. Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
b. Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
c. Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is
specifically authorized by written posted notice.
d. Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting
force in the performance of an official duty.

**Individual Fire Districts may impose stricter restrictions than listed above. Please contact them for further information.