CDOT Road Reports

Weather advisories, watches and warnings affecting the region
ParkBull
Site Admin

CDOT Road Reports

Post by ParkBull » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:08 am

Colorado Dept of Transportation dynamic site for road conditions and closures.
http://www.cotrip.org/roadConditions.htm?zoomPresetId=7

ParkBull
Site Admin

Re: CDOT Road Reports 12/29/22

Post by ParkBull » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:09 am

Delay your morning commute or telework, if possible, Thursday (12/29) in the Denver region, along the Front Range and the I-70 mountain corridor due to heavy wet snow impacting roads overnight. Driving conditions are treacherous. While CDOT crews have been plowing non-stop, roads are slick. Adverse conditions in eastern Colorado as well. If you are out, you must have the appropriate tires for the weather, take it slow, leave plenty of following distance and stay safely behind the plows. Go to COtrip.org for the latest road conditions.

EXTREMELY TREACHEROUS CONDITIONS ON US 285 BETWEEN CONIFER AND ASPEN PARK.

CDOT has about 112 plows in Region 1 alone - that covers the Denver region and the I-70 mountain corridor from Golden to the Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnel. More plows are out statewide.

Crews are working around the clock on 12-hour shifts to clear roads. CDOT plows and maintains state maintained roads, including interstates, U.S. highways and state highways. Cities and counties are responsible for local and residential roads - not CDOT.

CDOT focuses on clearing and treating the interstates and major routes first such as I-25, I-70, I-270, I-225, C-470, I-76 and other major highways before moving to the secondary routes.

What motorists should know:

Limit travel today and telework if possible.

If you have to be out, check COtrip.org for the latest road conditions.

Have appropriate tires for the weather with good tread of at least 3/16th of an inch and an emergency kit in your car. Your kit should include blankets, warm weather gear such as extra coats, gloves and hats; water, food, battery cables, kitty litter for traction, a shovel, ice scraper, emergency flares, and a first aid kit.

Be prepared for hazardous driving conditions. Take it slow and leave plenty of following distance and stay safely behind plows. Roads in higher elevations (I-70 Mountain Corridor and I-25 Monument Hill) will have more hazardous driving conditions.

--